HOT WHEELS® RED LINE CLUB® FAQS
- What is the Hot Wheels® Red Line Club®?
- What do I get with my membership?
- Am I eligible to join the Club?
- How do I join the Club?
- When will I receive my Membership Car Kit?
- Am I guaranteed the chance to purchase each version of the Club-exclusive cars?
- Can I order by phone or fax?
- Can I get a replacement vehicle if there's something wrong with one of the Club-exclusive cars or other exclusive cars or online offers that I receive?
- Can my membership be suspended?
- How long is the membership valid?
What is the Hot Wheels® Red Line Club®?
The Hot Wheels® Red Line Club® (RLC) is an annual premium membership for members of HotWheelsCollectors.com (HWC). For a membership fee of USD $9.99, Club members enjoy valuable advantages plus features of the website not available without Club membership. Also, for an additional $25.00 (plus shipping, processing, and tax), Club members receive the Membership Car Kit.
What do I get with my membership?
You get all of the below with your Club membership, but note that the first benefit is an add-on option which you only get if you choose to include it when you purchase your membership.
- Limited-edition Club-exclusive Hot Wheels® car and more (Membership Car Kit): You'll receive a membership kit that includes a limited-edition Club-exclusive die-cast car, a Club-exclusive commemorative button, and a Club-exclusive commemorative patch. You must choose this option when you purchase your membership to get these items.
- Access to Club-exclusive editions: Club members will have exclusive access to purchase limited edition offers released ONLY to the club throughout the membership year. You must be a member to purchase these cars. These highly collectible pieces have limited production runs, except any items made to order (such as RLC sELECTIONs® editions mentioned hereafter).
- Priority Access to HWC Offers: Club members will have an exclusive Priority Window of time (usually 48 hours before non-club members) to purchase certain exclusive cars promoted on HotWheelsCollectors.com that will be released throughout the membership year. In the News article for each sale, we'll specify when the Priority Window begins. It's possible that not every club member will be able to purchase any cars during the Priority Window if there were a greater number of members ordering cars than the number of cars produced. Should any inventory remain after the Priority Window, the cars may become available to non-club members to purchase. Unless made-to-order, all items are limited in production.
- Participation in the RLC sELECTIONs® process: Our sELECTIONs® editions are chosen with direct input from members. You help us with the creation process by voting on the vehicle, color, and wheels. Only club members get to vote for these, and we only offer them to club members when they become available.
- Exclusive members-only content: Club members get access to members-only sections of the HWC site. Along with exclusive RLC Inside Looks (exclusive photos), this features exclusive articles and interviews initially available to club members but not the broader HWC community.
- Access to our members-only forums and community: Interact with other Hot Wheels® enthusiasts who share your passion for the brand. Our Club-exclusive forums of like-minded collectors include shared discussions, photographs, and more which are only available to club members.
Am I eligible to join the Club?
You're eligible to join if you're at least 18 years old on the date you purchase your membership and have a valid credit card. (Sorry, we can't accept checks or money orders.) Membership in the Red Line Club® is available to residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and territories of the United States, Canada, and any of the countries listed in the “Country” field that appears during the checkout process. If you have an eligible billing address but not an eligible shipping address, you, at your sole cost and sole risk, may engage a third-party shipper located at an eligible shipping address to receive and forward physical items shipped by us, provided that the third-party shipper does not forward the items to a Prohibited Country (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, and the Crimea Region of Ukraine). At its sole discretion, Mattel may modify which countries are included as Prohibited Countries.
How do I join the Club?
First, you need to register an account at MattelCreations.com and agree to the posted terms and conditions. Then you can purchase your Club membership HERE.
When will I receive my Membership Car Kit?
Our goal is to ship your order as quickly as possible subject to availability, receipt of payment, and credit authorization. The shipping time quoted when placing your order is an estimate. Our warehouse determines the most efficient shipping method to ship your order so that you receive it in the timeliest manner. Delivery calculation starts on the first business day after the order is placed. (Business days are Monday through Friday, not including holidays.)
Am I guaranteed the chance to purchase each version of the Club-exclusive cars?
Since all the cars offered as Club-exclusive and HWC Special Edition cars (and most other cars we offer) are limited in the quantities produced, we can't guarantee every club member will be able to purchase each one of the cars. Your membership does include access to a club Priority Window that gives you the chance to purchase most of the cars we offer on HWC before non-club members. Note that the Priority Window time may vary (it’s usually 48 hours), but it only lasts as long as the item remains available; once the item has sold out, the Priority Window ends.
Additionally, club members have the chance to purchase Club-exclusive cars — available ONLY to club members. This includes the RLC Exclusive sELECTIONs® cars we offer ONLY to club members for a limited time each year. We produce only the quantity ordered by members, so as long as you place an order for a sELECTIONs® car within the club Priority Window for ordering, you'll receive one.
NOTE: Club membership only guarantees the opportunity to purchase any item we offer; it does NOT guarantee an actual purchase. Also, having an item in your Shopping Cart does NOT guarantee the item is still available and does NOT guarantee an actual purchase. Your purchase is only confirmed once you have both completed your Shop transaction AND received an order number.
Can I order by phone or fax?
We only accept orders for Club memberships and the Club-exclusive cars at HotWheelsCollectors.com, but it's quick and secure.
Can I get a replacement vehicle if there's something wrong with one of the Club-exclusive cars or other exclusive cars or online offers that I receive?
Since our cars are limited in numbers, we can't guarantee availability of replacement cars to send to people who received damaged merchandise. If we can’t offer an exchange, we're happy to offer full refunds to customers who promptly return the damaged merchandise.
Can my membership be suspended?
All Club members are expected to follow the Membership Agreement. In rare cases, and at Mattel's sole discretion, violations of the Membership Agreement can be considered cause to suspend your access permanently from the Club member areas, and/or access to HotWheelsCollectors.com. Also, in cases of extreme or repeated misconduct (as determined solely by Mattel), your membership and all Club benefits (including, but not limited to, pending orders or backorders and all other transaction-related activity) may be terminated without refund or credit.
How long is the membership valid?
You'll enjoy all the great benefits described above for one (1) year from the date you purchased your membership. Plans for the following year's Membership Car Kits offer will be announced late in the current year or very early in the following year, unless otherwise specified.
©2022 Mattel. All Rights Reserved.