Interested in this product?
Sign up for email updates
Release Date: 3/16/2021
One of the most popular releases from HotWheelsCollectors.com was back in 2015, when we decorated the ’55 Chevy® Bel-Air Gasser in pink and white pinstripes and called it “Candy Striper.” And one of the most popular castings we release around here is the Volkswagen Drag Bus. This mouth-watering edition unites the two!
While the Drag Bus has been a Hot Wheels casting since 1996, the Candy Striper look originates a bit further back. Beginning in the 1940s, Candy Stripers were hospital volunteers typically wearing red-and-white pinstripe outfits reminiscent of candy canes. We think it’s pretty sweet of them to help out.
And speaking of sweet … you can’t resist trying to add this piece to your collection. This release of the Volkswagen Drag Bus, with a flip-open top and Real Riders 5-spoke wheels, is confection perfection!
- Features: Opening top
- Body Color: Spectraflame pink with gloss white
- Deco: “Candy Striper” deco theme
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders 5-spoke wheels with pink-stripe tampo
- Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis and engine
- Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
- Interior Color: Pearl white
- Packaged on a blister card in Kar Keepers clamshell case
- Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/20,000)
Pricing and Purchase Limits:
- Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
- We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
- Refunds only, no exchanges
Production car may vary from the photo shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.