Collecting is often about history, so let’s journey back to 1970 for a minute. Hot Wheels launched an explosive new line of cars they called “Spoilers” featuring oversized blown engines, an exaggerated stance of the car (the “rake”), and a spoiler on the back end. This RLC Exclusive Mustang Boss Hoss commands the respect that history deserves.
Inspired by the Ford Mustang Boss 302, the “Spoilers” Mustang Boss Hoss was originally released as the first car of the Hot Wheels Club Kit in polished chrome. Dubbed by fans as the “silver special,” it technically didn’t join the “Spoilers” segment until the following year – kind of a promotion.
We’ve made this full-metal edition for you in Spectraflame olive, complete with black stripes on the sides and light smoke-tinted windows. And with Real Riders 5-spoke mag wheels with red stripe tampo, it’s a piece that was ahead of its time (Real Riders wouldn’t be introduced until the ’80s). Our design team is offering you an upgrade!
So take charge when this release is offered, place your order, and make it the boss of your collection.
Body Color: Spectraflame olive
Deco: Black stripe on sides with “RLC”
Body Type: ZAMAC
Wheels: Real Riders 5-spoke mag wheels with red stripe tampo
Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis and engine
Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
Interior Color: Black
- Packaged on an illustrated RLC blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case
- RLC members only: 3/8/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out
Pricing and Purchase Limits:
- Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
- We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
- Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit five (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)
- Refunds only, no exchanges
Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.