It was an especially exciting time for racing in the late ’60s and early ’70s, and of course that’s when Hot Wheels was born, too. The eye-catching Gulf logo and color scheme began to appear on race cars, and the Datsun 510 showed up as a racing circuit winner. Now Hot Wheels combines these two elements of the era into a collectible piece that could have been – but never was.
Not only have our Datsun 510 releases been popular with opening hood, but we’ve also released a few castings with the eye-catching Gulf racing deco. We’re excited to bring the two together in this must-have edition. It comes mounted in an acrylic case tucked into a Gulf-themed box. Would any serious collection ever be complete without this piece?
- Features: Opening hood
- Body Color: Gulf powder blue with white gloss roof
- Deco: Gulf logo on sides, marigold orange striping with authentic sponsor logos
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders racing wheels with gray-painted hubs
- Base: Full-metal, matte black-painted chassis; engine with painted details
- Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
- Interior Color: Black with orange roll bar
- Packaged in an acrylic case with a decorative outer box
- RLC members only: 3/29/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT until sold out
PRICING AND PURCHASE LIMITS
- Priced at $30.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
- We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
- Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit five (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)
- Refunds only, no exchanges
Gulf racing livery, logo and trademarks under license from Gulf Oil
Items and dates subject to change. Production items may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.