Ten years ago, a Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) legend made its Hot Wheels debut. It's been produced as both a mainline and premium casting over the years, but never at the Red Line Club level – until now! We're revved up to reveal the RLC Exclusive 1972 Skyline H/T 2000GT-R.
From Designer Brendon Vetuskey about the new two-stage opening hood mechanism: "We developed the front hinged opening hood function using bent wire instead of a conventional diecast hinge. This allows for a more realistic open hood position, and takes up less space in the engine bay."
The solution was inspired by the inclusion of the engine as a separate piece in the casting - the unique and faithfully detailed historic S20, which powered this car to more than four dozen consecutive Japanese Grand Prix racing wins back in the day.
From graphic designer Steve Vandervate about the look: "The Spectraflame Shadowchrome paint was developed for this casting to represent the iconic silver paint used on the originals. We wanted to give it something new and special." There's no racing livery because "The silver is so good, it stands on its own."
Nicknamed "Hakosuka" (which roughly translates from the Japanese as "Boxy Skyline"), the 1972 Skyline H/T 2000GT-R is an iconic car, and an aspirational one. Anyone who's into JDM cars would love to own one of these, but they're exceedingly rare in the 1:1 world. So take this opportunity to land a legend for your collection!
- Features: Opening hood
- Body Color: Spectraflame Shadowchrome
- Deco: Matte black-painted mirrors and rear spoiler; authentic logos
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders racing wheels with warm gray-painted hubs
- Base: Full-metal, matte black-painted chassis and engine with painted details
- Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
- Interior Color: Black
- Packaged on an RLC Exclusive blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case
- Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/30,000)
- RLC members only: Offer opens 9/28/21 at 9:00 a.m. PT
Pricing and Purchase Limits:
- Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
- We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
- Limit of ONE (1) per club membership; limit five (5) per household
- Refunds only, no exchanges