Our sales forecast for this release calls for 100% chance of sun as we deliver our brightest 240Z yet! The Custom ’72 Datsun 240Z with opening hood is back, and this time it wears a Spectraflame bright yellow finish
In 2018, RLC members overwhelmingly voted in favor of casting it into existence when it appeared in a bonus sELECTIONs round that year. The 20,000 pieces ordered by collectors set a Red Line Club record at the time. The next year, the Custom ’72 Datsun 240Z would be the first -- and currently only -- Hot Wheels vehicle to wear metalflake chameleon paint.
Now a perennial hit with collectors, the Custom ’72 Datsun 240Z with opening hood makes its triumphant return to the RLC in Spectraflame bright yellow. And with a matte black and red line livery, this Z serves as a companion piece to the ’71 Datsun 510 we released last year!
Hot Wheels collectors know a champion when they see one, so we’re putting this one in an acrylic case (first time for this casting) -- with the hood up -- so you can see that marvelous GReddy engine with full detail from all angles.
Don’t let this Z whiz by you!Specifications:
- Features: Opening hood
- Body Color: Spectraflame bright yellow
- Deco: Black stripe with red line on top; black circle with red stripe on sides
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders 10-spoke wheels with matte black hubs and silver lip
- Base: Full-metal, matte black-painted chassis with painted details
- Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
- Interior Color: Black with painted details and silver roll bar; matte black-painted engine with painted details and authentic logo