You may think they died for your ride, but it’s not true. Despite the dinosaur depiction on this edition of the ’55 Chevy® Bel Air Gasser, the whole “fossil fuels” is misleading. But guess what IS real… this car! It’s based on a 1:1 build by our designer Brendon Vetuskey.
“The name itself – Triassic-Five – is multi reference,” Brendon explains, “Tri-Five, as the 1955-56-57 Chevy® cars are famously referred to, and Triassic, as the car is about that old.” Brendon says this is a full-on, highly detailed replica of his 1:1 street machine, right down to the abundance of sponsor logos and screamin’ graphics. (And if you’re counting “tris” – check the 2022 Mainline for a third edition of this dino-dragster. It may not have all of the logos, but it’s also based on Brendon’s beast.)
Glowing in Spectraflame Bright Green with a gloss white roof, you’ll find the “TRIASSIC-FIVE” and dinosaur logo, with authentic sponsor logos, on the sides. For just the proper stance, we’ve fitted it with Real Riders slotted wheels with matte black hubs in front, then slammed Real Riders Drag Slick wheels with cheater slick tires and matte black hubs on the rear.
With diecast/diecast construction, the chassis is painted in matte black. The interior is silver VUM – which you can see on the engine – with matte black-painted passenger compartment, and other details in matte black, matte white, and red. Lastly, you may notice something unusual about the windows: the front windshield is clear, while the sides and rear are light green-tinted.
Note of interest: there are a lot of references on this car to a famous movie – but not the one you’re thinking of! Right down to the license plate, you’ll catch hints at an early 1970s racing movie that has inspired numerous 1955 Chevy® builds. See if you can guess which one!
Orders will be taken for 48 hours, so you (anyone) should be able to place your orders as long as you don’t miss the 48-hour offer window. This item will be made-to-order which means we will produce quantities to match the number of orders we receive. There is a limit of two per customer.
Please note that made-to-order items will not reach you for several months after placing your order. Your method of payment, however, will be charged on the date you place your preorder.
- Features: n/a
- Body Color: Spectraflame Bright Green
- Deco: Gloss white roof, “TRIASSIC-FIVE”, dinosaur logo, authentic sponsor logos on sides
- Wheels: Front: Real Riders slotted wheels with matte black hubs; Rear: Real Riders Drag Slick wheels with cheater slick tires and matte black hubs
- Base: Full-metal, matte black-painted ZAMAC chassis
- Packaged on an illustrated blister card, packed in a Kar Keepers clamshell case
- 10/26/21 at 9:00 a.m. PT until 10/28/21 at 9:00 p.m. PT
Pricing and Purchase Limits:
- Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
- We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
- Limit of TWO (2) per order; limit five (5) per household (purchase limits subject to change at our sole discretion)
- Refunds only, no exchanges