Release Date: 3/16/2021
One of the most popular releases from HotWheelsCollectors.com was back in 2015, when we decorated the ’55 Chevy® Bel-Air Gasser in pink and white pinstripes and called it “Candy Striper.” And one of the most popular castings we release around here is the Volkswagen Drag Bus. This mouth-watering edition unites the two!
While the Drag Bus has been a Hot Wheels casting since 1996, the Candy Striper look originates a bit further back. Beginning in the 1940s, Candy Stripers were hospital volunteers typically wearing red-and-white pinstripe outfits reminiscent of candy canes. We think it’s pretty sweet of them to help out.
And speaking of sweet … you can’t resist trying to add this piece to your collection. This release of the Volkswagen Drag Bus, with a flip-open top and Real Riders 5-spoke wheels, is confection perfection!
- Features: Opening top
- Body Color: Spectraflame pink with gloss white
- Deco: “Candy Striper” deco theme
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders 5-spoke wheels with pink-stripe tampo
- Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis and engine
- Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
- Interior Color: Pearl white
- Packaged on a blister card in Kar Keepers clamshell case
- Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/20,000)
Pricing and Purchase Limits:
- Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
- We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
- Refunds only, no exchanges
Production car may vary from the photo shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, and wheel type. Product subject to availability.
Hot Wheels Collectors
Hot Wheels R/C THE BATMAN™ 1:64 Scale Batmobile™ ... Hot Wheels R/C THE BATMAN™ 1:64 Scale Batmobile™ Vehicle